My friends allow the Holy Spirit to guide you into truth (true knowledge about salvation) [John 8:32]! Worship Him wherever you are and at all times. Learn to enjoy your freedom [from the bondage and penalty of sin]!
Updated: Sunday, September 4, 2022
STM Bible Lesson
John 4:21 and 23-24
Jesus said to her, Woman, take my word for this; the time is coming when you will not give worship to the Father on this mountain or in Jerusalem. 23 But the time is coming, and is even now here, when the true worshippers will give worship to the Father in the true way of the spirit, for these are the worshippers desired by the Father. 24 God is Spirit: then let his worshippers give him worship in the true way of the spirit [John 4:21 and 23-24 (BBE)].
Can you imagine having to go to Jerusalem or a particular place to worship God? Many religions have ‘sacred’ places which have traditional significance. You might have a building in which you believe the Lord meets you.
Jesus makes it clear that there was a time when that was correct. That time was before the Holy Spirit lived inside of people. However, since God is in you, you no longer have to go to specific places to worship and be with him!
There are other benefits beyond the freedom to worship wherever. Here are some of the best things of God-in-us to consider:
- We have protection 24/7, like having a personal bodyguard – “God’s power protects you through your faith, and it keeps you safe until your salvation comes.” 1 Peter 1:5 (ERV) [read 1 Peter 1:3-12 (5) ]
- Access to the ultimate helps i.e., the fruit of the Spirit via the Helper – “And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever.” John 14:16 (NKJV) [read John 14:15-18 (16)]
- Constant companionship and comfort – “We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is our Father Who shows us loving-kindness and our God Who gives us comfort.” 2 Corinthians 1:4 (NLV) [read 2 Corinthians 1:3-7 (4) and Matthew 28:16-20 (20)]
- Premium free advice – However, I am telling you nothing but the truth when I say it is profitable (good, expedient, advantageous) for you that I go away. Because if I do not go away, the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Strengthener, Standby) will not come to you [into close fellowship with you]; but if I go away, I will send Him to you [to be in close fellowship with you]. John 16:7 (AMPC) [read John 16:5-15 (7)]
Truth is what is known to be true (factual) about God and what people have to do. It is real and sincere. Also, truth is the real facts about something.
In fact, Jesus said “the truth will make you free” [John 8:31-36]. Jesus is the divine reality that has been made known to man [John 14:6-9]. He is the one who gives you freedom.
Therefore, if the Son sets you free [from sin], you will be truly free. John 8:36 (AUV)
Webster dictionary1 – The quality or being true; as: – Conformity to fact or reality; exact accordance with that which is, or has been; or shall be. That which is true or certain concerning any matter or subject, or generally on all subjects; real state of things; fact; verity; reality.
God is in you
If you are born again, you now have the Spirit of God in you [Romans 8:9-11]. You are His temple (dwelling place) [1 Corinthians 3:16-17]. “Your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you” [1 Corinthians 6:19-20]. As a matter of fact, He goes everywhere you go.
That is the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see him, neither does it know him: but you know him; for he dwells with you, and shall be in you [John 14:17 (RKJNT)].
Jesus wanted the disciples to know that He is the Spirit that will come to be in them. He is the Spirit that also is in you [Romans 8:9 and 2 Corinthians 13:5].
However, when he, the Spirit of true knowledge, has come, he will be your guide into all true knowledge: for his words will not come from himself, but whatever has come to his hearing, that he will say: and he will make clear to you the things to come [John 16:13 (BBE)].
That Spirit, the Holy Spirit (Spirit of God; Spirit of Christ), has come and is available to all. My friends allow the Holy Spirit to guide you into true knowledge. Now learn to worship God in Spirit (the Holy Spirit) and reality (true knowledge of God and what you should do). Because you are no longer a slave to sin!
Worship Him wherever you are and at all times. Yes, even in the building you call church. The truth is, ‘temple of God’, He came into that building with you!
Blessings to you and your loved ones—♥ Tim.
Related studies/lessons/snacks for further Spiritual growth:
See what is available on the Sound Truth Ministry website.
- Note: parenthesis encloses the key verse(s).
John 4:1-26 (21 and 23-24); 8:31-36; 14:1-11 (6-9); 16:5-15 (13). Romans 8:1-11 (9-11); 2 Corinthians 13:1-6 (5). 1 Corinthians 3:5-17 (16-17); 6:12-20 (19-20).