Select a sin-related topic of your choice:
- 5 Helpful Studies to Make You Want to Avoid Adultery
- Animosity; The Best Cure For This Hatred Is Love
- Backbiting is Backstabbing and It Does Not Show Love!
- Fornication: Explore 5 Amazing Facts All About Premarital Sex
- Freedom from Sin and the Law; Liberty Through Jesus
- Gossip; Are Your Words Helpful and Good or Hurtful?
- Greed – God’s Children Should Not Be Greedy, Are You?
- Habits; Warning, You Must Avoid These 2 Bad Ways!
- Hypocrite; Time To Stop Acting Holy, Be Holy Now!
- Implacable; Learn How To Stop Being Unforgiving And Rigid
- Jealous People Cause Trouble, Worry, Hatred, And Bad Outcomes
- Liars Are Sinful, Being Like Their Father The Devil!
- Lust; I Want It, I Don’t Care About Consequence
- Murmuring; 3 Valuable Examples, People Murmured, God Killed Them!
- Prevarication Is To Avoid Being Truthful Or Direct
- Pride is Arrogance; Be Humble and Give God Credit
- Sedition; Unity Is Wonderful, But Conflict Is Not Good!
- Slander; An Act of Hate and Not of Love
Related studies/lessons/snacks for further Spiritual growth:
Every Sin Listed in the Bible
Have you ever wanted to know if you are living in sin? This page will eventually list every sin found in the Bible. Wrongdoing falls under two main groups: sins of commission (action, doing, or performing) and of omission (ignoring, disrespecting, or avoiding).
Sins of commission
Doing (includes saying, thinking, or feeling) something that is against God’s teaching. In other words, living life in violation of divine law; evil, wicked or bad conduct. Are you guilty of sin?
Sins of omission
Not doing something that God’s teaching says we should do. It damages your relationship and communication with God since one fails to conduct oneself in a good, obedient, or right way. Do you ignore God’s instructions?
You are the one I’ve really sinned against. I’ve done what is evil in your sight. So you are right when you sentence me. You are fair when you judge me. 5 I know I’ve been a sinner ever since I was born. I’ve been a sinner ever since my mother became pregnant with me. Psalm 51:4-5 (NIRV)
Constant voluntary action, word, desire, or purpose against God’s will. It is against the will of God to not believe in God; unbelief is a sin. Wrong-living is the act of repeatedly doing something one should not do (evil, wrong) as well as not doing things that one should do (good, right) in accordance with God’s will. Living a sinful life defines our relationship or lack of relationship with God. It is the failure to hear and obey God.
Everyone who commits sin breaks God’s law, for that is what sin is, by definition—a breaking of God’s law. You know, moreover, that Christ became man for the purpose of removing sin, and he himself was quite free from sin. The man who lives “in Christ” does not habitually sin. The regular sinner has never seen or known him. 1 John 3:4-6 (PHILLIPS)
Be like Christ, do right!
Dear children, don’t let anyone lead you into the wrong way. Christ always did what was right. So to be good like Christ, you must do what is right.
8 The devil has been sinning since the beginning. Anyone who continues to sin belongs to the devil. The Son of God came for this: to destroy the devil’s work.
9 Those who are God’s children do not continue to sin, because the new life God gave them stays in them. They cannot keep sinning, because they have become children of God.
10 So we can see who God’s children are and who the devil’s children are. These are the ones who are not God’s children: those who don’t do what is right and those who do not love their brothers and sisters in God’s family. 1 John 3:7-10 (ERV)
We appreciate your visit and would love to hear from you. Please feel free to email Tim. Come back often, we will add more Bible lessons and studies. I pray that you receive this prayerfully and with an open mind. God Bless you—♥ Tim.