Active faith shows your faith in your works. To put it another way, your actions prove your faith in God. So live a life that allows others to see your faith!
Active Faith Shows That You Trust God By Doing
STM Bible Snack
- James 2:17-18 [read James 2:14-26 (17-18)]
- It is the same with faith. If it is just faith and nothing more—if it doesn’t do anything—it is dead. 18 But someone might argue, “Some people have faith, and others have good works.” My answer would be that you can’t show me your faith if you don’t do anything. But I will show you my faith by the good I do. (ERV)
- KJV: Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
So James asked a very interesting question. You say you have faith; what good is it when you fail to do good things to show it? Now ask yourself, “do I have active faith”? This simple lesson can help you put your faith into action. Faith without action is dead and useless.
No one benefits from inactive faith. Make others know that you are a person of faith by what you do.
- Proverbs 20:11
- Even a child is known by his behavior. His actions show if he is innocent and good. (ICB)
- KJV: Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.
Since Jesus said, ‘You can know [recognize] them by their fruits” [read Matthew 7:15-20 (16 and 20)]. Do you claim to trust God but will not help those in need [see James 2:15-16]? Anyone can carry a Bible, wear a cross, and appear faithful to God. More importantly, a person of true faith produces fruit (works) influenced by the Holy Spirit. AKA, the fruit of the Spirit.
What is faith?
Faith is having a firm belief in God without proof that He exists. In addition, it is constant trust in God’s Word and in Jesus for salvation. Actually, you show it in your actions and attitude (way of thought).
Examples of active faith
Abraham put his faith into action. For this reason, he was willing to offer Isaac (his son) as a burnt offering [read Genesis 22:1-19].
- Noah: By faith Noah, being warned by God about things not seen as yet moved with godly respect. He prepared an ark to save his house [Hebrews 11:7]. I urge you to read Hebrews 11:4-40, it gives many accounts of ‘active faith’.
- Hebrews 11:31 [read Hebrews 11:30-40 (31)]
- Rahab: By [having] faith, Rahab the prostitute was not destroyed along with the disobedient [inhabitants of Jericho] because she welcomed the [twelve] spies in peace [read Joshua 2:1-24]. (AUV)
- KJV: By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.
Active faith shows that you trust god by doing
- James 2:26 [read James 2:14-26 (26)]
- A person’s body without their spirit is dead. In the same way, faith without good deeds [doing what God wants you to do] is dead. (NIRV)
- KJV: For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Do you show true faith if you do nothing? The best way to show your faith is by the way you live (your activity). Unselfishly give to others and be willing to give up even the dearest things in your life. Demonstrate that you trust God by doing. Put your faith into action. Because active faith shows your faith through your works. I pray that you have enjoyed and will make the most of this Bible snack. Blessings to you and your loved ones—♥ Tim. ☺
Related studies/lessons/snacks for further spiritual growth:
See what is available on the Sound Truth Ministry website.
I look forward to your feedback via comment at the bottom of the page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a fantabulous day!
7 thoughts on “Active Faith Shows That You Trust God By Doing”
Updated: Thursday, July 21, 2022; FYI, comments are working again!
Hello Laura, I apologize for the delayed response. Thank you for your support and yes, please republish any of the articles!
Thank you, Pat, for your continued support, I really appreciate you!
Put your faith into action. Show others that you trust God by your works. #activefaith ? Click/Tap pic 4 more.
Loads quickly on ALL devices ? have a wonderful weekend! ?
Make sure your faith is active with this short Bible lesson ‘Active Faith’: https://stministry.com/active-faith/ <<-- the link. Message in the picture: faith works – active faith G=0 F=6 P=8 I=0
This Bible lesson encouraged me to work harder at being a doer of the Word, acting on what I believe, putting faith into action.
I’m excited about receiving more Bible lessons.
I have been reading a few of your posts. Thank you for the wonderful messages, encouragement and truth.
I would like permission to republish some of your articles on my blog.
Monday, May 22, 2017
Can you show your #faith if you do nothing? The best way to show you #trust God is by the way you #live (your activity). That is as your #life aligns with the word of God.
Scripture for the day:
James 2:17-18 In the same way, faith by itself—that does nothing [if it does not have works]—is dead.
18 [But] Someone might say, “You have faith, but I have deeds [works].” Show me [Prove; Demonstrate] your faith without doing anything [works], and I will show you [prove; demonstrate] my faith by what I do [my works].
[Expanded Bible (EXB)]
Message in the picture:
Show your faith by your works – from James 2:18