Put your hope in God because He is loving, faithful, and able to save you! Your faith in God’s grace will bring eternal life through Jesus.
Your Hope; Focused On God’s Grace Brings Eternal Life
STM Bible Snack
- Titus 2:11-14 [read Titus 2:11-15 (11-14)]
- That is the way we should live, because God’s grace has come. That grace can save every person. 12 It teaches us not to live against God and not to do the evil things the world wants to do. That grace teaches us to live in the present age in a wise and right way—a way that shows that we serve God. 13 We should live like that while we are waiting for the coming of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ. He is our great hope, and he will come with glory. 14 He gave himself for us; he died to free us from all evil. He died to make us pure people who belong only to him—people who are always wanting to do good things. (ICB)
- KJV: For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; 13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; 14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
- You should have complete faith and hope in God’s grace and the promise of eternal life. So, that hope is to spend eternity with God [read Romans 8:18-30 (24)].
- 1 Peter 1:13 [read 1 Peter 1:13-21 (3-5, 9, 11, and 13)].
- So, gather your thoughts together for action, take control of yourselves and focus your hope completely on God’s unearned favor [grace], which will be brought to you by Jesus Christ when He returns. (AUV)
- KJV: Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
Keys leading to 1 Peter 1:13
Peter’s message of hope pairs with Paul’s to the church at Rome. Paul said (Romans 8:24), ‘For we are saved by hope3‘. This brief outline gives the highlights of Peter’s point.
What is hope? Hope gives you something to look forward to, strive for, or seek after. You can set a goal to achieve the desired end and be excited as you get close to the goal.
Your target must be something that you can reach. Otherwise, there will be little or no hope. Does it make sense to aim for what you do not believe you can get? That would be hopeless. Again, I urge you to put your confidence in God.
Your hope is…
- Jesus promised to give you a life that does not end. Hopefully, that is your hope, i.e., what you hope for!
- John 3:16 [read John 3:3-21 (16)].
- God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son. Anyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life. (NIRV)
- KJV: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
You, child of God, can expect eternal life because of this promise and God’s grace (Ephesians 2:8). Now is not the time to stop believing in this promise. Since you worship and trust God. Let His promise of heaven (eternal life) be your hope and desire. I pray that you have enjoyed and will make the most of this Bible snack. Blessings to you and your loved ones—♥ Tim. ☺
Related studies/lessons/snacks for further spiritual growth:
See what is available on the Sound Truth Ministry website.
I look forward to your feedback via comment at the bottom of the page or by emailing email@example.com. Have a fantabulous day!