Be A Giver will not be a popular snack because it tells us to give when normally we would not. Most people, of course, you are not one of them, but others tend to judge a person before helping them. Allow 5 minutes to see how to be a giver ‘the Bible way’!
Created: Sunday, October 2, 2022
STM Bible Snack
Give to everyone who asks of you; and, when anyone takes away what is yours, do not demand its return. 31 Do to others as you wish them to do to you. Luke 6:30-31 (OEBus) [read Matthew 5:38-42 (42); Luke 6:27-36 (30-31)]
See How To Be A Giver The Bible Way!
God is appreciative of these acts of love. They are not orders as was the old way [under the law]; rather, they come from the heart. Keep in mind that grace gives us freedom and does not impose strict rules on us.
The Bible way: All of our aid should be from the heart
- 2 Corinthians 9:7 (AUV)
- Each person should give what he has decided to in his heart, not grudgingly, nor out of a feeling that he has to, for God loves a cheerful giver.
- Matthew 10:8b (NKJV)
- Freely you have received, freely give.
- Luke 11:41 (NIRV)
- Give freely to poor people to show what is inside you. Then everything will be clean for you.
- 1 John 3:17 (CEB)
- But if someone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but refuses to help—how can the love of God dwell in a person like that?
You set the standard!
- You will be treated the way you have treated others. So keep that in mind as you show your love by aiding others.
- Matthew 7:2 (CEV)
- God will be as hard on you as you are on others! He will treat you exactly as you treat them.
- Proverbs 11:25 (CEV)
- Generosity will be rewarded: Give a cup of water, and you will receive a cup of water in return.
- Luke 6:38 (ICB)
- Give, and you will receive. You will be given much. It will be poured into your hands—more than you can hold. You will be given so much that it will spill into your lap. The way you give to others is the way God will give to you.”
Better to give than receive
In all things, I gave you an example, that so laboring you ought to help the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” Acts 20:35 (WEB)
Luke 14:12-14 (AUV)
Then Jesus also said to the Pharisee who had invited Him [to dinner], “When you prepare a breakfast or a supper, do not invite your friends, or brothers, or relatives or rich neighbors [only], for maybe they will invite you back, and [then] you will be repaid [for your kindness]. 13 But when you prepare a banquet, invite people who are poor, disabled, physically disabled and blind [as well]. 14 Then you will receive a blessing because these people do not have anything to pay you back with, for you will be paid back when righteous people are raised from the dead.”
I pray that you have enjoyed this Bible snack. Blessings to you and your loved ones—♥ Tim. ☺
Related studies/lessons/snacks for further Spiritual growth:
See what is available on the Sound Truth Ministry website.