It is important that you forgive yourself once the Lord forgives you! After repentance and water baptism in the name of Jesus, pardon yourself. Fortunately, you can find out why in less than 7 minutes.
Forgive Yourself; God Forgave You, Now You Forgive Yourself!
STM Bible Snack
God forgave you!
- The forgiveness of sins takes place after repentance and water baptism in the name of Jesus. It does not matter how terrible you were, God forgave you!
- Colossians 2:12-13 [read Colossians 2:11-23 (12-13)].
- When you were baptized, you were buried with Christ and you were raised up with Christ because of your faith in God’s power. That power was shown when he raised Christ from death. 13 You were spiritually dead because of your sins and because you were not free from the power of your sinful self. But God made you alive with Christ. And God forgave all our sins. (ICB)
- KJV: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
Why can’t you forgive yourself?
- God forgave you and everyone else who obeyed His word. Because applying the name Jesus to your symbolic death, burial, and resurrection brings about forgiveness [Acts 4:12 and Romans 6:4].
- Mark 1:4 [read Mark 1:1-8 (4)].
- So John appeared in the desert, baptizing and preaching. “Turn away from your sins and be baptized,” he told the people, “and God will forgive your sins.” (GNT)
- KJV: John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
Love is the key
Forgive yourself if you believe God has already done so and if you love yourself. Never forget that love is able to forgive all sins. So, do not carry the burden of your past sins. Because the love of God for His children releases you from guilt and ultimate punishment. Therefore, forgive yourself and let God’s love set you free from guilt and shame.
Prayerfully review this and the other Bible studies/lessons in the ‘forgiveness series’. Let this knowledge enable you to forgive yourself! I pray that you have enjoyed and will make the most of this Bible snack. Blessings to you and your loved ones—♥ Tim. ☺
Related studies/lessons/snacks for further spiritual growth:
See what is available on the Sound Truth Ministry website.
I look forward to your feedback via comment at the bottom of the page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a fantabulous day!