Learn how to make your praise real! In other words, if you are stuck on hallelujah, it is time to know the correct ways to compliment God. The first thing to remember is that saying “hallelujah” is not praise. Of course, if you haven’t already, please read 3 True Facts About Hallelujah That’ll Change Your Praise. Otherwise, continue reading…
Created: Friday, September 30, 2022
STM Bible Snack
Snack focus: Ephesians 1:3-14 (3-6). Bible lesson background: Like many others, I was taught to say hallelujah as a praise to the Lord. We thought we were praising God as a result. Fortunately, after years of relying on my teachings, God corrected me. Now that I’m aware of how to praise Him, my praise is genuine!
Sadly, the word hallelujah is often used as praise. So I understand if it is hard for you to change. However, now is the time to make your praise real!
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. 4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. 5 God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. 6 So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son. Ephesians 1:3-6 (NLT)
The sacrifice of praise
Bible Knowledge Commentary: No blood sacrifices were needed in the light of Jesus’ death, but to offer… Praise and to do good and to share with others were indeed sacrifices that God desired.
So let us never stop offering to God our praise through Jesus. Let us talk openly about our faith in him. Then our words will be like an offering to God. 16 Don’t forget to do good. Don’t forget to share with others. God is pleased with those kinds of offerings. Hebrews 13:15-16 (NIRV)
Suffer and Praise God
Don’t be ashamed to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God that you belong to him. 1 Peter 4:16 (CEV) 1 Peter 4:12-19 (16)
5 ways to make your praise real
- 1. Talk openly about your faith in him. I.e., if the Lord has never failed you, talk about it! Hebrews 13:15
- 2. Let Him and others know how much you appreciate that you belong to him. 1 Peter 4:16
- 3. Talk about the things that He has done for you. For example, Sarah praised God for giving her a baby!
- Sarah said, “God has made me happy, and everyone who hears about this will be happy with me. (ERV)
- 4. Think of how kind and patient the Lord has been and praise Him for it. I.e., talk about it, that is how to truly praise God.
- Don’t you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can’t you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin? Romans 2:4 (NLT)
- 5. This is the final suggestion, but possibly the most important. And that is to celebrate having the precious gift of the Holy Spirit!
- Don’t you know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit? The Spirit is in you, and you have received the Spirit from God. You do not belong to yourselves. 1 Corinthians 6:19 (NIRV)
Hopefully, this snack has helped you no longer be stuck on Hallelujah and ‘make your praise real’! Blessings to you and your loved ones—♥ Tim. ☺
Related studies/lessons/snacks for further spiritual growth:
See what is available on the Sound Truth Ministry website.