Try giving God genuine praise because of His grace, goodness, mercy, Lordship, and acts. In fact, this lesson will encourage you to do so! So spend 7 minutes of your precious time learning more.
Created: Thursday, March 16, 2023
5 Good Reasons For Insanely Giving God Genuine Praise
STM Bible Lesson
Lesson focus: Romans 15:7-13 (11). Bible lesson background: The short version is, Christ removed the division between the Jews and Gentiles. So, we should all glorify Him for His mercy together! In fact, since He accepted us with our faults we should accept one another in the same way.
The Scriptures also say, “Praise the Lord all you people of other nations; all people should praise the Lord.” Romans 15:11 (ERV)
- Praise the Lord, all nations; everyone everywhere, praise how wonderful he is! Psalms 117:1 (FBV)
Why should we praise God?
We may have different reasons for praising God, the main thing is to keep praising Him. I recall hearing “praise God because He is worthy of praise“. But what makes God worthy to receive praise? Have you ever asked that question? Let’s see if we can find a few reasons.
Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are their ancestors, and Christ himself was an Israelite as far as his human nature is concerned. And he is God, the one who rules over everything and is worthy of eternal praise! Amen. Romans 9:5 (NLT)
King David’s example of insanely giving God genuine praise!
While they were bringing the LORD’s Covenant Box into the City of David, Saul’s daughter Michal looked out through a window. She saw what King David was doing. He was jumping and dancing to worship the LORD. Michal felt ashamed of him.
2 Samuel 6:16 (EASY)
5 good reasons for insanely giving God genuine praise!
1. For His grace!
- God treated us with undeserved grace because of the Son he dearly loves, and so we should praise God. Ephesians 1:6 (CEV)
- Our God’s grace allows us to benefit from his favors. We cannot earn it nor do we deserve it. God’s love and favor are the reason for it.
2. He is good!
- Praise the Lord! (Hallelujah!) Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 106:1 (NLT)
- God is the model of moral standards. Unlike humans, He has no limits or defects. Our God is perfect.
3. For His mercy!
- The priests stood at their assigned positions. (And) The Levites, using the musical instruments for the Lord, which King David had made to give thanks to (praise) the Lord because his mercy endures forever, were offering the praises written by David. The priests who blew the trumpets stood across from them. All Israel was standing there. 2 Chronicles 7:6 (EHV)
- The Lord is like a father who has mercy on his children. He has mercy on those who respect him [see Psalm 103:13].
4. He is Lord!
- You who have respect for the Lord, praise him! All you people of Jacob, honor him! All you people of Israel, worship him! Psalm 22:23 (NIRV)
- This is a call to all who fear, worship, respect, or revere the fact that He is Lord; to hallelujah!
5. Most of all, because of what He’s done!
- a. He gave us the gift of Christ
- I tell you that Christ became a servant of the Jews to show that God has done what he promised their great ancestors. 9 Christ also did this so that the non-Jewish people could praise God for the mercy he gives to them. The Scriptures say, “So I will give thanks to you among the people of other nations; I will sing praise to your name.” Romans 15:8-9 (ERV)
- b. He gave us the hope of salvation (i.e., saved from His wrath)
- Give praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. In his great mercy he has given us a new birth and a hope that is alive. It is alive because Jesus Christ rose from the dead. 1 Peter 1:3 (NIRV)
- c. And He allows us to become His children
- God’s Spirit doesn’t make us slaves who are afraid of him. Instead, we become his children and call him our Father. 16 God’s Spirit makes us sure that we are his children. Romans 8:15-16 (CEV)
True (genuine) praise
And I am not talking about saying hallelujah! Because in case you missed it, saying hallelujah is not giving God praise (see Stuck on Hallelujah? Learn How To Make Your Praise Real!).
Jesus was near the city and ready to go down the Mount of Olives. The many people who were following Him began to sing with loud voices and give thanks for all the powerful works they had seen. 40 Jesus said to them, “I tell you that if these did not speak, the very stones would call out.” Luke 19:37 and 40 (NLV)
When you tell others what God has done for you — that is beautiful, pleasant, and true praise. Giving praise to God is good. So, make an (insanely) joyful noise, giving God genuine praise! I pray that you have enjoyed and will make the most of this Bible lesson. Blessings to you and your loved ones—♥ Tim. ☺
♥ Question ‘5 Good Reasons For Insanely Giving God Genuine Praise’: God deserves praise, doesn’t He?
Related studies/lessons/snacks for further spiritual growth:
See what is available on the Sound Truth Ministry website.
Note: parenthesis (#) encloses the key verse(s).
Romans 15:7-13 (11) and 9:1-5 (5); 2 Samuel 6:1-23 (16); and Ephesians 1:3-14 (16). 2 Chronicles 7:1-11 (6); Psalm 22:22-24 (23); and Romans 15:7-13 (8-9) [compare 2 Samuel 22:50; Psalms 18:49]. 1 Peter 1:3-12 (3); [read Romans 8:12-17 (16); and Luke 19:28-40.
I look forward to your feedback via comment at the bottom of the page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Have a fantabulous day!