Wake up church, and let the Holy Spirit renew your mind of all that they have taught you. Then you can let the Spirit teach** you what is true.
- ** Holy Spirit teach, see John 6:41-59 (45), 14:25-31 (26), and 16:5-15 (13-14); 1 Corinthians 2:6-16 (10-13); 1 John 2:18-27 (20 and 27).
Created: Wednesday, January 4, 2023
Wake Up Church Let The Spirit Renew Your Mind
STM Bible Lesson
Lesson focus: Ephesians 4:17-24 (21-24). Bible lesson background: Before we are born-again, we are ignorant about the things of God and his word. However, once we become children of God, we are able to know the truth (1 Corinthians 2:14). But we must study and apply God’s word so that it changes our behavior from within. The one thing most of us fail to do is study God’s word. When we rely only on the preacher/teacher, we are open to being misled.
Since you have heard about Jesus and have learned the truth that comes from him, 22 throw off your old sinful nature and your former way of life, which is corrupted by lust and deception. 23 Instead, let the Spirit renew your [mind] thoughts and attitudes. 24 Put on your new nature, created to be like God—truly righteous and holy. Ephesians 4:21-24 (NLT)
Wake up church
It’s time to “wake up church”. Your eternal status is at risk. This Bible snack is unique since it presents a few disputed topics and links to STM articles that address the topics. So much of what you hear is traditional or denominational teaching or preaching. I call it pass-it-down preaching. Please understand that I am not attempting to offend anyone; I am simply telling the truth as I am led to do.
Actually, like many preachers, I was a pass-along or pass-it-down preacher. But the Lord opened my eyes. He helped me see that I had to rely on the Holy Spirit to teach me. He gave me this prayer:
“Wash my mind of everything that man has taught me and all I have practiced. I want you to teach me.”
Less about salvation and more about increase
The focus has shifted with many pastors. The sermons and lessons have less to do with saving you and more about their increase.
- More viewers, members, or “partners”, followers, $$$, and more $$$$$$$. Are they following the example of Christ?
Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ. 1 Corinthians 11:1 (NCV)
- They are afraid to teach or preach anything that might offend anyone. If your pastor/teacher never makes you feel convicted, you are in the wrong place.
Preach the [Gospel] message; be prepared [to do it both] when it is convenient and when it is inconvenient; reprove [i.e., convince people of their wrongdoing], rebuke [i.e., convict people of their sin], and exhort [i.e., urge people to act], with great patience and teaching. 2 Timothy 4:2 (AUV)
- Some show you a bible, but rarely preach or teach using it. That type of preacher is nothing more than a motivational speaker; beware.
Let the Holy Spirit wash your mind of all that people have taught you so he can teach you. You will be amazed at what you’ll discover.
It seems that few people want to accept what God wants or requires. To be continued later, “Pass It Down Preachers Are Better With Tradition Not Truth”.
So, let’s turn our attention to the disputed topics. Please pray first, that God will open your eyes… But you must be willing to let go and begin to study the Bible!
- Tithes – you are not robbing God, if you stop paying tithes, you are taking from the preacher. That is one reason they don’t want you to stop.
- Tithing: God Did NOT Command Anyone To Tithe MONEY!
- Pay Your Tithes, God Wants You To Eat Them!
- Prosperity; 7 Simple Lessons On True Wealth God’s Way
- Hallelujah – this might embarrass some pastors as well as yourself. You must know the truth about hallelujah.
- 3 True Facts About Hallelujah That’ll Change Your Praise
- Stuck on Hallelujah? Learn How To Make Your Praise Real!
- That Devil – the truth is, he is not stealing from you! Nor is he MAKING you do bad things.
- Can the Devil Steal One Thing From God’s Children?
- Know Your Enemy; Warning, The Devil Isn’t Your Worst!
- Thief Part 2; Devil Steal From Child of God?
- Call him Jesus – that is the name of the Father and Holy Spirit and not just of the Son. In a manner similar to that, I have just one name while being a father, a son, and a human.
- Father, Son, Holy-Spirit Share One Name; The Name Jesus
Healing or salvation
- “By his stripes, we are healed”. The truth is, Isaiah spoke of salvation and not physical healing.
- By His Stripes We Are Healed Spiritually Not Physically
Don’t follow the ways of this world; instead be transformed by the spiritual renewal of your mind so you can demonstrate what God’s will really is—good, pleasing, and perfect. Romans 12:2 (FBV)
That’s it for now, but I will add items as they become available. It is time to “wake up church” and let the Spirit renew your mind. I hope this Bible snack helped to awaken you. Blessings to you and your loved ones—♥ Tim. ☺
Related studies/lessons/snacks for further spiritual growth:
See what is available on the Sound Truth Ministry website.
Note: parenthesis (#) encloses the key verse(s).
Ephesians 4:17-24 (21-24). John 6:41-59 (45), 14:25-31 (26), and 16:5-15 (13-14); 1 Corinthians 2:6-16 (10-13); 1 John 2:18-27 (20 and 27). 1 Corinthians 11:1; 2 Timothy 4:1-5 (2); and Romans 12:1-2 (2).