Jesus is the best friend you can have. There is just one catch—you must do what he tells you to do! But you can never have a better friend than Jesus.
Created: Friday, December 30, 2022
Jesus Is The Best Friend IF You Obey Him
STM Bible Snack
The greatest way to show love for friends is to die for them. 14 And you are my friends if you obey me. John 15:13-14 (CEV) [read John 15:9-17 (13-14)].
Jesus Is The Best Friend
You can be a friend of God when you meet the ‘if’ condition. This is the ‘if’ condition (from NKJV): “if you do whatever I command you“. In other words, you are His friend if you do what He says.
However, there is another key question. Do you know what the Lord is doing? Jesus told them the servant does not know the lords plan. Are you, a servant or friend? Jesus, our Lord, told us His plan (see John 15:13). The Holy Spirit will make that plan clear (see John 15:26). Your friend Jesus died for you!
I must die. It is part of God’s plan. But, oh, the horror awaiting that man who betrays me.” Luke 22:22 (TLB) [read Luke 22:14-23 (22)].
In life, we have many that call us ‘friend‘. Few friends, if any, will die for us. Jesus is the kind of friend that did that for you and for me. No one could love us more or be a better friend than Jesus.
Jesus is the type of friend that remains your friend at all times. He wants the best for you, even if you do not want what is best for you. ☺
A true friend loves regardless of the situation, and a real brother exists to share the tough times. Proverbs 17:17 (VOICE)
If you obey Him
- 1. The Holy Spirit is your gift.
- We are telling people about these things. And so is the Holy Spirit. God has given the Spirit to those who obey him. Acts 5:32 (NIRV) [read Acts 5:22-32 (32)].
- 2. It leads to righteousness or living right.
- Remember this: When you agree to serve someone as a slave, you have to obey that person as your master. You may choose to serve sin as your master. If you do that, you will die. Or you may choose to obey God. If you do that, you will live in a way that is right. Romans 6:16 (EASY) [read Romans 6:15-23 (16)].
- 3. You can make the devil flee.
- So do what God wants. Resist the devil, and he’ll run away from you. James 4:7 (RAD) [read James 4:7-9 (7)].
Final thoughts on Jesus being the greatest friend
Some “friends” pretend to be friends, but a true friend sticks closer than a brother. True friends want only the best for you. A true friend will never hurt you on purpose, but will tell you the truth even if it hurts. Proverbs 27:6 (CJB)
Either you are a friend of God or an enemy. You simply cannot be both. So, if you want to be a friend of God, meet the “if” condition. As I said before, the “if” condition is “if you do whatever I command you”. In other words, you are a friend of Jesus if you do what He says.
I pray that you have enjoyed and will make the most of this Bible snack. Blessings to you and your loved ones—♥ Tim. ☺
Related studies/lessons/snacks for further spiritual growth:
♥ Question for ‘Jesus Is The Best Friend IF You Obey Him’: Is Jesus your friend?
See what is available on the Sound Truth Ministry website.